4D Modeling For Contractors
To effectively manage construction projects, AEC companies use various methods such as 4D modeling to facilitate early contractor involvement in the design process of the project.
Contractors play a major role on-site and it is critical for them to review the designs of the built asset to predict the potential risks and to make appropriate on-site implementation strategies.
4D BIM models allow contractors to methodically visualize planned construction activities. This promotes a collaborative work environment between the design team and the contractor that helps in making the right decisions at the right time.
Challenges in BIM collaboration are noticed between construction professionals. If you want to know more about it, you can visit the reasons for Challenges in BIM Collaboration.
Construction sequence planning helps contractors to contemplate site activities and operations with several other benefits including:
- Superior bid documents – competitive edge on winning
- Eliminating human errors while preparing the schedule
- Unambiguous site information prepared for contractors
- Detailed insights to onsite construction activities
- Improved resource planning on-site
- Improved on-site risk management for contractors
4D BIM Modeling For Asset Owners
The asset owners are the ultimate decision-makers. They hold the responsibility of appointing the design and setting long-term goals for the project.
Having time-related information integrated into the 3D model becomes important for asset owns in many ways. 4D modeling helps real-estate companies and property owners throughout the pre-construction and construction processes.
The potential to simulate various possible outcomes of construction projects allows the decision-makers to forecast the long-term effects of their decision.
Benefits Of Using 4D Modeling
- Stipulating construction sequencing of the built asset
- Developing marketing strategies based on the construction activities and phases
- Developing advertising and sales material with construction simulations to engage potential customers
- Major cost and time saving by eliminating design and on-site risks
4D BIM Modeling For Project Managers And Design Team
Construction management is a complex process. The project managers use specialized techniques to supervise the planning, design, and construction of a project.
The technique of digital construction sequencing planning allows stakeholders to schedule activities of the construction process to make pragmatic decisions.
4D BIM Modeling integrates time-related information, which is often referred to as the 4th dimension in the building information modeling process.
Benefits Of Using BIM 4D By Project Managers :
- Better project monitoring – determine variations from the agreed plan using 4D modeling
- All trades on the same page – the robust connection between the site and the back-office
- Minimized disputes – improved coordination between project stakeholders
- Better planning – complete demonstration of project development using 4D BIM analysis
- At CRESIRE our team has experience using structured processes to facilitate effective handovers and to maximize the operational performance of a wide variety of built assets from schools to hospitals and residential developments.
To discuss how using BIM can facilitate good handovers and collaboration between construction and facilities management teams, email us at email@example.com or visit www.cresireconsulting.com.
Share Via :
Get in Touch with us for BIM Outsourcing Services
Stay up to date with latest BIM trends, benefits of BIM and thought leadership articles