BIM Services in UK
BIM Services in UK Market Analysis
The adoption of BIM technology is increasing rapidly in UK, owing to the government’s mandate for BIM implementation on all publicly-funded projects. The software segment of the BIM market is expected to hold the largest market share during the forecast period, due to the increasing use of BIM software in construction projects.
According to a report by MarketsandMarkets, the Building Information Modeling (BIM) market in UK is expected to grow at a CAGR of 12.7% from 2021 to 2026. The market size was valued at USD 2.6 billion in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 4.7 billion by 2026.
Some other key findings from the report include:
- The architecture segment is expected to hold the largest market share in the BIM market during the forecast period, due to the increasing use of BIM in architectural design.
- The BIM market in the UK is highly competitive, with key players including Autodesk, Inc., Nemetschek SE, Trimble Inc., Bentley Systems, Incorporated, Dassault Systemes SE, and Hexagon AB
- The UK’s BIM market in the infrastructure sector expected to experience significant growth due to government investments in infrastructure projects.
Overall, the BIM services in UK market is expected to see strong growth in the coming years.
This growth will be driven by government mandates, increasing adoption of BIM technology, and investments in infrastructure projects.
UK's BIM Boom Ahead
BIM may have a significant influence on the future of the construction sector in the UK. The way AEC firms design, build, and manage buildings and infrastructure projects has already undergone a transformation thanks to BIM.
The UK construction sector expects a further increase in the potential of BIM technology with continued acceptance and development.
BIM is anticipated to have a substantial impact on the UK construction sector in a number of important areas, including the following:
Cresire’s Contribution to Transform Construction Using BIM Services in UK
We add value to construction projects in several ways using BIM in UK.
1. Improved project planning: We assist clients in developing a comprehensive project plan that incorporates all project requirements, resulting in more efficient use of resources and reduced project delays. This includes Employer information requirement (EIR), BIM Execution Plan (BEP), Master Information Delivery Plan (MIDP), and Task Information Delivery Plan (TIDP). These BIM strategies lead the effective implementation of 3D, 4D, 5D, and 6d BIM services and advanced collaboration on construction projects.
2. Better Construction Management: BIM is the best tool for construction projects, especially in the UK market. We use the project manager’s Gant charts/project timeline to integrate it with the digital information model. This is commonly known as 4D scheduling. Using 4D scheduling, construction managers can more effectively plan and monitor construction sites and manage health and safety.
3. Better Accuracy for Quantity Surveyor: We help identify inefficiencies in project processes and workflows, and provide recommendations to improve efficiency, resulting in reduced project costs and improved project timelines. We extract precise quantities from the information model, leading to the development of more accurate BOQs and cost estimates.
4. Quality control: We provide quality control measures through BIM-enabled clash detection, enabling early detection and correction of design conflicts and reducing the risk of errors and rework.
Blogs - BIM Services in UK
Discover how MEP BIM Services are transforming the engineering sector in the USA, UK, and UAE. Read in detail here.
Discover how BIM 6D Facilities Management is revolutionizing the UK’s AEC industry, optimizing project management and facility
Discover the immense power of BIM Clash Detection in UK Construction Industry. Unveiling techniques to enhance project efficiency.