Read Top Reasons for Adopting PDF to AutoCAD Conversion Services on construction projects in USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Sweden, and worldwide.
PDF to AutoCAD Conversion Services or paper to cad conversion services are quite common across the globe. Many construction, and manufacturing often have PDFs of the designs and need some modifications in the existing design.
Converting these PDF designs into editable CAD drawings require significant time and skills.
AutoCAD and Revit are quite common software for PDF to CAD conversion that require considerable drafting skills. Many organisations from diverse sectors outsource their paper or PDF to AutoCAD Conversion requirements to third party consultants.
This article assesses the significance of using PDF to AutoCAD conversion services on construction projects. Also the advantages of outsourcing paper to CAD conversion services to an Indian based drafting/consulting company.
Understanding PDF to AutoCAD conversion
As the name suggests, PDF to AutoCAD Conversion simply means creating AutoCAD drawings using the PDFs of Construction Designs.
The process of PDF to AutoCAD is quite straightforward however it requires advanced software and drafting skills.
Mentioned below are the steps of PDF to CAD conversions:
The level of development or detail added to a 3D structural model is typically dependent on the project requirement. Often structural BIM consultants use the term level of detail (LOD) for easy understanding between stakeholders
Step 1 - Gathering PDFs of Architectural & Engineering designs
To ensure clear visibility, the PDFs should be properly scanned by project stakeholders. Often the PDF files are created using the old hand-drawing sketches that sometimes have unclear or missing details. So it is important to maintain high quality scans.
Step 2 - Obtaining necessary software licences or partnering with outsourcing company
Many organisations have ongoing requirements for PDF to AutoCAD conversions with inhouse CAD capabilities. In that case they must purchase a suitable licence of the software that they are using.
Often these organisations partner with CAD outsourcing companies for fulfilling their one-time or ongoing PDF to AutoCAD requirements. Many of these outsourcing companies, such as CRESIRE, are based in India. Offering highly competitive pricing for CAD conversions using PDF files.
Step 3 - Analysing designs and setting drafting agenda
It is critical to review and analyse the design before proceeding with AutoCAD conversion. The design must be clearly visible with the dimensions. If not, you must confirm the dimensions and details with the architect or other project stakeholders before setting the layout on AutoCAD. Once this is done then it is essential to set the right scale, layering and dimensioning patterns.
Step 4 - PDF to AutoCAD Conversion
Finally we proceed with AutoCAD conversion. The designated person or company must have good experience and knowledge of using AutoCAD. It is recommended by CRESIRE to arrange an online review call before proceeding with the project to ensure that both the parties are on the same page.
Significance of PDF to AutoCAD conversion services
- Transforming obsolete architectural & engineering drawings to editable 2D CAD Drawings that are helpful for redesigning and planning
- Easing the process of storing the drawings in digital format that are accessible by project stakeholders at any given time irrespective of their location
- Using PDF to AutoCAD conversion services extensively on renovation projects to reiterate the design idea with the architect
- Reducing the cost of hiring an architect to make the minor design changes or just to try a conceptual design idea
- Using the converted cad drawings for creating up to date BIM models and realistic visualisations
4 Advantages of outsourcing PDF to AutoCAD conversion services
Although paper or PDF to CAD conversion services sound quite an easy task, it requires advanced AutoCAD software skills. It is advisable to outsource pdf to autocad services if that’s something you don’t use often in your organisation or do not wish to purchase AutoCAD licence for limited usage.
Mentioned below are some benefits of outsourcing PDF to AutoCAD services:
- Hiring part-time or full time drafting professionals from CAD outsourcing companies like CRESIRE. Hence, augmenting in-house production strength for PDF to AutoCAD Conversion.
- Reducing over 45% production costs as compared to local USA or UK rates. As many of the outsourcing companies based in India like CRESIRE, work at an average hourly rate of US$ 13 per hour.
- Allowing in-house professionals to focus on their prime responsibilities. For instance in a real estate company, it is not necessary to have an in-house drafting professional. However, if the real estate company is asked by its client to provide CAD drawings for a renovation project. Then the real estate company might not want to hire a new resource or ask in-house employees to take additional responsibility
- Partnering with PDF to AutoCAD outsourcing company allow organisations to hire full time resource. These outsourcing companies offer 40% lesser costs. Hence, avoiding hassle and cost of hiring and training new in-house employees
Cresire is a BIM Outsourcing Company, offering PDF to CAD conversion, 2D drafting services and 3D Visualisation Services in a range of different sectors. We have experienced AutoCAD drafters with diverse experience of working on including commercial, hospitality, healthcare, industrial, and residential. Cresire has a strong leadership team with extensive international experience in the construction industry. We consult structural engineering companies & professionals based in the USA, UK, France, Germany, Sweden, Australia and India.
If you need a free quote for structural modeling services then please feel free to drop us an email at [email protected].
Share Via :
Get in Touch with us for BIM Outsourcing Services
Stay up to date with latest BIM trends, benefits of BIM and thought leadership articles